Search My Blog

Reviews | Calvin Klein + Rimmel London Lipsticks



0 comments

Whilst on one of my many browses through Fragrance direct I came accross two gorgeous lip colours, that I just couldn't leave behind. (Swatches Below)


The First being this Calvin Klein Delicious Luxury Creme Lipstick in the colour - Orange Too. Now I've been on the hunt for a nice orange lipstick for ages. Orange is a wonderful colour and for too long a time I had always dismissed it as not suiting me. However after seeing a few people recently rocking a gorgeous bold orange lip, I thought - why not give it a go! I'm so glad I did. Its the perfect shade for Summer, bright, warm toned Orange and fun without being as 'in your face' as perhaps a red lip. 
This lipstick claims to be a luxurious, ultra conditioning lip stick that gives your lips a smooth matte finish. I'm inclined to agree. It applies smoothly and certainly leaves a gorgeous matte appearance on the lips. The colour is not as highly pigmented as some but it is easily buildable. The formula is nice, but not £13.50 nice! I'm glad I managed to pick it up at a fraction of the price for just £1.99
The packaging is fairly ordinary - not as sturdy as I would have liked for the RRP but it serves a purpose. It's also worth noting there is no colour or name stated on the bottom of the lipstick which could prove a problem if that's how you like to store your lipsticks, for ease of access.


Packaging
Packaging
Bullet
The Second one I spotted was one I have been lusting over for too long a time. The Kate Moss for Rimmel London, Lasting Finish Lipstick in the shade 04 - a gorgeous deep vampy purple. (But don't you just wish they would do this lovely colour justice and give it a name!)
 Quite a contrast from the other lipstick, its definatley a winter one, and i'm not sure I will be brave enough even then - but perhaps on a night out, or even halloween! But at the price I just couldn't leave it behind.
Rimmel claims this has a Ruby powder enriched formula to intensify the colour while keeping a matte finish all day long. I can't look into long lasting aspect having only swatched this and currently not being brave enough to wear it out. however the colour is not that intense and it does need building up to achieve a strong colour. This retails for £5.49 though I picked it up for £1.99, the packaging is the standard Rimmel Lipstick packaging and is a good size, chic, stylish and handy to use.


Packaging

Bullet

Swatches-

Orange Too (Left)
04 (Right)

Orange Too (Top)
04 (Below)

Orange Too

Orange Too

04

04
Overall I'm glad I've added these lipsticks to my collection and I would definitely urge you to buy both if you like the look of them, though I certainly wouldn't advise paying the full amount for the Calvin Klein Lipstick.
Has anyone tried any other shades of the Calvin Klein Delicious Luxury Creme Lipstick's?
Is anyone brave enough to wear Rimmel's lasting Finish Shade 04 out?




0 comments:

Post a Comment

newer post older post
Powered by Blogger.